Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing 8




I used Mosaic Maker at Big Huge Labs and connected to my Flickr account to make my mosaic.  The pictures are of my family enjoying an early summer day at Lake Michigan.  It was very cold, but our daughter just loved to dip her toes into the freezing water.  She took off running as soon as she took her first dip, but then she couldn't get enough.

I found using this service quite easy.  It was not time consuming to make the mosaic, but I did have to upload my pics to Flickr and label them.  That takes little time, but it wasn't bad.  I tried to use the Image Generator also, but didn't find that was as user friendly.

The other tools for work mashing were fun tools to use as well.  I played around with each one.  In fact, my daughter helped me with the Flickr memry game.  I didn't realize that Flickr had so many neat tools to use to create things.  I do plan to play around with them more for personal work.  The first thing that comes to mind is making a b-day party invitation for my daughter using photos from each year to create the cover.  

Professionally, I would like to introduce teachers to these tools for their students and I can show my upper elementary students how to use them as well.  If their parents approve, they could bring in a digital card or camera and we could create accounts to create.  Or their parents could create their accounts with them at home and we could play around with the tools during class.  So many options, so little time. :-)

CR

No comments:

Post a Comment